Isn't the diversity here awesome! Look at all the different boats we sail. I sail an FX-ONE and love it for what it is. I like to use the car analogy to try to understand why different sailors sail different boats.
Some people like to drive Hondas. They get the job done. They start everytime, get good mileage, and are relatively inexpensive.
I prefer to drive a Dodge Cummins. It's reliable, can tow a a lot of stuff and gets relatively good mileage. It's a bit more pricey than a Honda, but it suits my needs of owning Surf City Catamarans.
Now there are some guys out there that want the best top of the line Ferrari. I don't judge them or tell them they should've bought the Honda. I just understand that that car suits their needs. Whatever their needs are.
That's why people on a message board can opine all day long about what boat THEY think is the best and why. Meanwhile, people will be at my shop buying Hobie Bravos for their kids, Catalina 27's so they can go on a weekend trip to Monterey, Hobie 16's to race one design, and arguably the best A-class cats produced in the world The Gel-Tek Flyer 2.
Isn't diversity great!

Last edited by SurfCity; 04/04/07 10:23 PM.