Mary,
I am a long time cat sailor with kids that are now grown and I find myself looking for the right boat for me. I have a Hobie 14 with trap and no jib, and a Nacra 5.8. I single hand both, the Nacra when 0-11 knots of wind and 11-20 I sail the Hobie because I can get it back up when single handing. My wife no longer crews for me so I am usually single handing it. I can't afford an A-cat and I think mostly I will be pleasure sailing but might like to do a few distance races or bouy races. I have only seen one Wave in person but I thought the boat seemed fragile. The stays seemed super lightweight ( I guess compared to my Nacra ) so I never considered it. Your description makes me re-think my options. My question is how does the Wave handle compared to the Hobie 14? Faster? Pitch bowls? Does the Wave offer a trap option? I never realized the tramp was that large. As a CatSailor reader for years, I know you and Rick have promoted the boat, but your recent post has got me thinking maybe a Wave.

Rusty