Forget warm and fuzzy, I’ll say it…….

Wouter, you really are unit. Tell me why the Taipan class should change its rules for you and bring the boat up to full F16 spec whilst turning its back on all its current members. It is more than just a main sail. It is a new self tacking jib, spinnaker kit, carbon mast, wider beams, new tramp, new side stays, bridle, fore stay.

The Taipan class does not want a kite. This boat is used by many whom introduce young and new sailors into cat racing who are not comfortable or able to use a spinnaker. It has been a very successful introduction and development class for young sailors whilst also offering high quality racing for all members.

You were obviously not involved in the class in OZ or understand the scene, but where an outsider looking in wishing to change things for their own personal needs….. Very selfish.

I believe AHPC developing a totally new class and leaving the 4.9 class to progress at the rate it’s members wish too is a much better solution for all except for you, because you already had taipan hulls.

Just build a bridge and get over it Wouter. You went to them with an idea and they did not see it was in the best interests of the class, which is well within their rights. You do not have the right to force the Taipan class members into accepting your changes to the class.