How much is your time worth? When you need it "now" is it really more economical to make a special trip to Wal-Mart?

In my town Wally World is 7 miles away from the coast, West marine is about 1/4 mile from the water. So you saved $5 on your tube of 5200... I would spend an extra hour to get there and back... burned $5 of extra gas... nine times out of ten they don't have what you really wanted in the first place and you have to settle for a item you normally wouldn't buy. They don't have staff that can help you make a selection, or even find anything… and then you get the privilege of standing in a check out line for 5-10 min. As opposed to West Marine where you go in… they take you right to the part you want…which is in stock…check you out without waiting in line forever, and have you out enjoying your boat again instead of coming back empty handed after a 1 hr race across town to “save” money.

When have you seen anything in the way of marine hardware at a Wally World that you would really be confident having on your boat?

So you want West Marine to stock all the low turn over parts that the sailing community needs to keep their boats on the water but your going to "save money" at Wally world on the items that West Marine needs to sell to help keep the doors open…...Am I the only one who sees the insanity in this?

If you have to make a special trip to discount store miles out of your way, all you have done it take the profit away from West Marine and handed it to the automotive industries and oil companies. After factoring in the ware and tear on your car, the extra gas you spend, and your time...it has cost you money, not saved you money. Those that own a business can clearly see this, those who approach the situation from a non business owners point of view won’t. The numbers don’t lie.