Most A-class sails buy boats, the don't build them!

I think "most" is a strong word. There are now 6 DK17's - largely homebuilt, and Ian Lindhal new design has created quite a stir, I think that he's got a least 2 sailing, with a couple more planned.

This weekend at Hopatcong will be at least 2 homebuilt(Lindhal, mine) and 2 professionally built/custom boats (Cogan designed). There might even be more, older style Acats in Hopatcong. With the cost of a new Acat at over $20k, I think you'll see more and more homebuilt. My homebuilt came in at $11k.

2 weekends ago at Royaton, only one production boat raced (an XJ), the other 3 were either homebuilt (mine and a stressed ply, Flyer design) and one custom/professionally built boat.

Sorry to disagree with you Harkan, I'm a huge fan of your work with the spin on your Acat.

I do think you could build a wing mast for your Acat for about the same cost as a new sail and mast or less. Assuming you've got the desire and the skills to do it.

I dont think Ben's going to offer kits, or sell complete wing masts, at least thats the feedback I've gotten. You'd have to cowboy up and figure it out yourself.

If anybody needs me, I'll be downloading the latest version of autocad.

Bill