I see I made quite a few typo's in my post soory about that.

Ofcourse I meant that Branch 1 is better for recreational sailing.

Ahh well a boat is a boat and The difference between a P18 and P 18-2 is not that big. Although the second will always be more tender than the first (relatively speaking). Set up time, ah well, if you don't rig what you don't use than no boat takes alot of setup time.

Although if you don't have a big need for this go-fast-stuff and that go fast stuff than why have centreboards ?

Sure you can leave them off but that won't sail well right. And there is one other thing I like about the boardless P16 I still own over daggerboard cats. Boardless cats definately easier to get throught the surf. 5 inches of water under you hulls and you're off; with full control of steering. With raised daggerboards you have alot of sideways drift and such.

So I think the guy from PC isn't wrong, only that if you would ask me I would advice the P18 over say the P18-2 for the things you specified as important.

But if you want a more sexy boat with more cool stuff than the P18-2 and such is the boat for you.

One thing about more advanced boats, they are become more powerfull with size. Not something to really worry about but true just teh same.

About racing; Yes do it. Especially distance race can be enjoyable.

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands