We are having this debate within CRAM about paying our Golden Anchor dues and forcing all the members to join US Sailing. This has been a no brainer for us the last 10 years or so. To get the cheap US Sailing insurance we must then post a variable entry fee which charges non US Sailing members more than valid members. I am not sure how we are incorporated. We are a non profit orgainzation.

At this time the club is debating where else to get insurance. If we can solve that riddle will no added cost to the club it may sway our leadership to drop out of US Sailing. If that happens, only after our next officers meeting, then I doubt if any individual members would also feel compelled to join. The only individual benifit would be to sail in the Alter Cup. I haven't heard much smack about boycotting that event.

The club has not decided yet. We are only beginning to debate this. Bottom line....if US Sailing does not support us why should we support them? Its the principle of the thing. Kinda like no taxation without representation.