I think Tom was right on the money. The sailors need to finally get together and back an organization. And NAMSA is the only one available that makes sense.
First of all it is designed to have two type of memberships: Chapter Members and Individual Members
Chapters for Fleets, Divisions, Classes or whatever
Individuals for those not belonging to the above, or do belong and want an extra vote on their own in the org.
NAMSA does have a Forum on this site, where our Treasurer has posted many times our financial position and our membership numbers. The Forum is at http://www.catsailor.com/forums/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=NAMSA
We offered the same insurance the HCA and US Sailing did, yet few took the offer.
Biggest problem is we had a lot of folks bucking the idea and saying we already had the Multihull Council for US Sailing and this would be redundant.
I notice many of those are silent at the moment.., doesn't mean they won't be back shouting again.
The reason we restarted NAMSA (which at one time WAS the GOVERNING BODY of MULTIHULLS in North America) is we could see the writing on the wall. My guess is we were too early. Maybe now is the time.

New Blood? You bet we need new blood. And we need multihull sailors that are absolutely fed up with monohullitis, folks that would like to be treated with respect in the sailing world, people who feel gutted by this last debacle by our beloved US Sailing and ISAF.

The dues by the way were set at $5.., which I know is a lot of money.., 500% over the $1 limit previously mentioned.

As far as new officers and new blood are concerned, get to the Tradewinds which is a NAMSA sanctioned and insured event, attend the meeting, get off your can and do something.
Thanks,
Rick

Rick White
Catsailor Magazine & OnLineMarineStore.com
www.onlinemarinestore.com