Hello, I am Mindy and I am 10 yrs. old. Like my dad, I do not think a spinnaker is important. I also do not think winning and losing is important. As long as I get to race, I am satisfied. Like most kids, if I were to race I would want the Hobie 14. In fact, I am going to race and #14 is the one I want. Some reasons I want it is because of how fun it is to sail. I also like it because of how freely and lively it sails. For another reason it has a reasonable sized jib and sail area. It is also just like a Hobie 16 only smaller, and the Hobie 16 is one of my favorite cats. I don't understand why Mary is disturbed that kids are choosing their own boats if they are going to be the ones sailing it anyways. Shouldn't they be able to?

I think we should start a kids forum so kids have a place to talk about sailing.

I also asked my little brother, who is 4 yrs. old, what he wanted to be when he grew up. He replied ''I want to be a sailor, because I like being a sailer.'' [color:"blue"] [/color] [color:"blue"] [/color]