Hello Gary and Mary!

Gary yes we will be looking into a solo-right for the H14, and will need to discuss this with you. The H14 will also be set up with Trapseats (the old style) as we will be teaming kids up with those kids with disAbilities, that is one of the things that makes our club different and is one of the reason the other cats on the market don't work for us. We plan to hit the racing seen next summer with boats equipped with and without Trapseats so the solo-right system will be something we will need to get going.

Also, Mary can't the H14 be sailed with or without a jib? Also are kids going to sail the Dragoon until they are 18? Its a small boat and will be difficult to get two big teenagers on. Seems to make perfect sense to go from the H14 (turbo) to the H16 and to hook the kids into the H16 racing seen, and all the great events. I explained my view in my previous post so I wont go through that all again. Well our club may have to go it alone (actually with a few other clubs) but seems you all are heading down the expensive route and with kids that care about issues that none of our kids care about. Our kids just want to do some racing, and have fun. We are probably just not as serious as you all are. We are not in Florida as we live in Idaho and Eastern Washington so that may have something to do with it. So we wish you all the best with your junior and youth efforts, and your selection of a boat.

Actually, a couple of the kids have seen your post etc., which is good for them to see other peoples opinions. They dont still quite understand you but seem to make sense of what you are saying. Of course, now they are also interested in the new Bravo, so it looks like we are heading in very different directions, and heck that is ok. As for our kids having a choice, we are big on choice with a lot of discussion. Having the Fast & Fun program was a big eye opener for us with being able to sail the Dragoon and other cats, but the kids for most want to have fun and race to learn, and then move on to H16 & Trapseat racing, etc. Well I think I am wearing out this topic, so I will leave enough well alone.

Thanks for your comments and please if anyone wants a new H14 please contact me at cart@sail-s.com