Thanks for the info Macca, I probably need to check my source harder.....(setback!)

The sloop vs uni debate has been running a long time, and it's hard to get good data. We can of course start that thread again but we lack data to be able to say when and where the diferent rigs will will be better or not.

The only data that I found from the last Texel that could be used to determine the speed of different boats was an upwind leg, and on that leg the M20 uni was the fastest. Texel is quite a tricky race with several checkpoints you need to pass, I've tried it once in the M18. The first checkpoint is to get out from the beach and the we have this massive start, currents and so on.

You refer to several unnamed races in Holland where the M20 sloop "ruled", but I think you need to do more research before you use it as a fact. Who was sailing the M20 uni and who was sailing the M20 sloop? (The top guys in Holland prefers the sloop version and that will of course make the sloop to look faster....).

/hakan