As I understand it, the motion was made in the House of Delegates, debated and approved.

Walter Chamberlain, Chairman of the House, presented it to the open Board of Directors on Sunday morning, and 'much discussion' ensued.

The conclusion was that US Sailing thought the ISAF vote was legitimate. They similarly reasoned was that if US Sailing instigated the ISAF and there was a change, the other dropped class would raise a similar stink. This is an understandable, though non-visionary position.

If, through the ISAF, or through other pressure, (i.e.IOC intervention), the equipmment issues were to be re-opened, US Sailing supports a re-visit of all 10 disciplines, and not just a run-off vote (i.e., between the multihulls & keelboats).

It is up to the ISAF to instigate a good faith revote, or the IOC to ask ISAF to revisit the issue in light of the irregularities. To what extent influential representation by US Sailing and other MNA's may have to influence this process (another re-vote) is not known. It looks though, like US Sailing does not want to be driving the matter onto the May ISAF agenda.

I say keep the polite letters going to the IOC. That may keep the pressure on ISAF to show themselves as out of touch, power broker politicians in front of the IOC. If they think about, and the IOC acknowledges there are serious doubts as to the credibility of the process, ISAF may recognize what credibility they stand to lose, and then re-open the matter appropriately.

Nacra F18 #856