True that, but how many big Tri's race buoys? I don't know if the French do that or just go for speed.

Still, I'm sure Ellen could teach these mono-clowns a thing or two about sailing big Tri's. I'm sure she's had to do more than a few quick bear-offs, alone, at night, in the big ocean.

While the ORMA60 circuit was operative they ran both inshore buyou races and offshore races, so yes, they sure know how to operate the beast in tight "beer can" racing.

Not to diminish Ellen, but I dont think she is the most experienced inshore multihull racer. When going around the globe, they dont do as many manouvers as when going around the cans. A jibe or a tack a day, perhaps more often if they are really working hard?
I would be very surprised if not both Alinghi and BMWO have signed up the best from the Tornado fleet and the ORMA60 fleet. Hmm, perhaps that is one more reason for Alinghi to postpone the race, to have more time with the best teams on the water. The olympians are probably focusing 100% on the games now and dont want to loose 4 years "just" to get into an AC one-off match.