Gary,

Ask away, what do you want to know?

Do you notice very much difference in weather helm when changing from sloop to unirig modes?

[color:"blue"] Not sailed Sloop yet, but I'd expect a little as the COE of the "white sails" has moved forward a little [/color]

What position on the hull, fore aft, do you prefer when sailing upwind, downwind, and on a beam reach? Does it change a noticeable amount when switching from uni to sloop modes?

[color:"blue"]

Upwind - about 2 inches of bow in the water
reaching - same, until too much wind and then just hang on!
downwind - as reaching [/color]

What means of fastening a foot-strap do you suggest?

[color:"blue"] Check with John P to see if your boat has acetal plates bonded to the top of the inside of the hull; if so then just drill and tap in
If not, don't put any thru the hull [/color]

What locations are suggested for foot-straps?

[color:"blue"] I have one just behind the back beam [/color]

What kind of under-foot traction tape do you use on your hulls? (type, style, locations, etc.)

[color:"blue"] I used Gelcoat. Clean hulls; mix gelcoat, then use a sponge to "stipple" the areas you want grip. I used a tube of gelcoat that when mixed with hardner but yet to go off has the consisitancy of whipped cream - ideal for this [/color]

What is the easiest way to clear weeds from the rudders while underway?

[color:"blue"] sail around them! I've found it tends to clear by it's self - it's a real pain to do it so I really try and avoid it [/color]

Where is the best place to lead the descending main halyard?

[color:"blue"] I have a velcro strap across the fron of the tramp right by the gap in the front beam that I clamp it into before I put it in the tramp bag. [/color]

Thanks.

GARY

F16 - GBR 553 - SOLD

I also talk sport here