Can someone explain the capsize (and the save) a little better than what my poor little brain can figure out from the video? Here's what I'm seeing.

Alinghi bore away and their leeward hull started to come back up, but then it looks like they turned upwind causing them to crash. At about :08, it looks like as that hull came back up they turned upwind, they could have bore away a bit more rather then turn upwind.

If that is correct, how did holmatro not dump it when they turned up? Their leeward was buried when they turned up. I'm not quite following cheshire's comment about the luffing. I see alinghi blew their jib at about :02, Holm never blew theirs. This should have helped right alinghi and hurt Holm.?

I ask because my initial instinct is always to head up when a gust hits or if I get too buried (sort of what holmatro did). Since I'm trying to train myself to bear away before heading up, I'm sitting here trying to rationalize in my brain why holmatro survived when it seems that they shouldn't have.