Well I'll be the odd man out on this one. These guys are sailing these boats everyday. It looked pretty sporty out there that day. I've made a few mistakes myself and went swimming as a result. How many of you can say you haven't done the same? Mine wasn't caught on video and I don't break my mast every time luckily.

If you are pushing it to the limit in these races you are going to go over sometimes. If you don't you aren't pushing it to the limit.

I know a few of these sailors and I have nothing but the utmost respect for them. They are quality individuals. Exceedingly smart. And winners of many Nationals/Worlds events. How many of you can say that? The ones I know give back to the sailing community with all they can in knowledge and lending their time.

So to armchair quarterback that capsize is pretty much childish. I know I've done the exact same thing a few times. Out on a reach and decide to head down and realize you are going to bite it so you attempt a last second head up hoping to pull off a miracle. I've pulled it out a few times too. I know I've been on that reach knowing if I get hit by anything extreme it's going to be too late as I can't head off or up quick enough and you can't dump any more sail as you've dumped it all.

Feces happens,
Mike Hill
N20 #1005

Criminy - how do you learn if you don't dissect some great footage. Relax.

Jake Kohl