I recently purchased a 5.2 with a spin and was wondering if the f18 spins cut down would work? Ive heard they would but havent been able to find any info on the subject. The spin that's on the boat now is very old and from what the owner said quite worthless. Im not looking to spend a huge amount of money on the sail because ive never used one. Im sure i could find one that a very serious racer used for a season for a decent price. Since ive never used one i dont really care if it only gives me 60-70% of its power since its older. I really just want a spin thats not alot of power so i can get used to the motions and rigging the thing.

Also...The boat came with the bag set-up to bag launch. Any opinions on the back vs mid pole, etc would be helpful.

A couple of tips-I owned the middle bear of the three (5.2, 5.5 and 6.0) and put a spin on it.

1) The F18 spin will fit-a little large, but probably not a huge problem, as the f18 spin is pretty small anyway.

2) Go with a Mid pole spinnnaker snuffer. The bows of this series have a tendancy to push pretty low (stuff) in windy conditions, and your bridle may keep the spin pole relatively low. While a low pole is a pretty fast configuration, the downside is that an end pole snuffer ring will 'catch' on the water rather easily in more extreme conditions, increasing the odds of 'big pitchpole oopsie'. This is most likely on a screaming reach in big waves, when the spin is down, actually, (as when it is up, the spin will lift the bows substantially).

Nacra F18 #856