What makes sailing different? US Sailing announced today that it would not pursue the mandatory membership. I work in a field that involves me with many sporting organization. No swimmer on any of our swim teams my stick a toe in the pool until they are a member of US Swimming, no gymnastics team members may set one foot in the gym until they are a member of USA Gymnastics. For most of these kids (and adults on the masters swim team), they will only compete locally, and those who excell will travel to regional competitions, a select few will even compete nationally. What makes their sports different from ours? Just like us, they are competing under a set of guidlines established by their governing body. Just like us, their events are conducted under the guidance and judging of officials trained by their governing body, and just like us, their governing body provides the avenues for elite competion through national championships (think Alter Cup), and the Olympics. So why do they have to join to compete and not us? Why are we different?
I am a member of US Sailing and will continue to be one. I will continue to receive training from US Sailing to further my skills in race administration and judging. Why? I guess, because I love the sport. One day those of you who do not see that it is necessary to join, may get to race only because I, and others who see the benefits, continue to be members, receive the training, and volunteer our time to the sport. Rant over.

If your havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
I got 99 problems but my beautiful wife ain't one