I wasn't going to say any more on this thread, but now I have to tell you guys that I am NOT the editor or moderator or anything else on this forum or website. Please do not blame Rick for the transgressions of his wife, because he doesn't even want me posting on the forum -- probably because of the reaction you had, wrongly thinking I am involved with it somehow.

I am just a contributor like all the rest of you. And I am the one who has basically been accused of lying (either myself or Henry Rodriguez), so I just reacted perhaps too strongly. Sorry.

I give up. You're right. It is not possible for a catamaran to go over 22 knots. I checked the story in Catamaran Sailor Magazine (I AM the editor of that) for the year of that record Steeplechase, and Henry did indeed say that in portions of the race their GPS showed consistent speeds of 29 mph on a beam reach with FLAT water and consistent 20 mph wind. Obviously 29 mph must convert to 22 knots or less. Unfortunately, I don't know the conversion. Please excuse my stupidity.

Mary A. Wells