My opinion is that it does not matter what your name is. What matters is that peoples opinions are taken on their merits. Any other opinions on why or why not to use real names???

Actually, TonyF18 is a reference to his real name, so we can exclude that from your listing.

Also, you yourself hardly ever judge somebodies posts or opinions by its inherit merit. Sorry, but I find it ironic you should refer to that now.

Personally, I have very little respect for flamatory posts made by (intentionally) anymous posters. Makes me feel that there is something not right, that there is something they want to hide, that they don't believe in the merit of their own posts enough to sign their name to it. I also feel it is pretty dishonourable to write an abusive post without standing up like a "man" and be judged.

I never write an anonymous post, never have and never will. Additionally my private contact details have always been specifcied in my profile. I would not allow myself to do anything less with the way I post in public. It's an honour thing. Similar reasoning with publically correcting any mistakes I've made in my postings.

I would say to you Sue, grow some pride and earn some honour by putting your real name to your posts. Otherwise you'll remain little more then a weasel that attacks from tightly packed bushes.

That is just the way I look at it.

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands