Both Agent Orange and the Hybrid use Taipan c/boards. Can see it in the pics in the link ckuang put in the first post.

Also have to congratulate ckuang on 3 bullets on the first weekend of Western Circuit. Certainly doing very well jumping from the A to the Viper.

Awww, thanks for the well wishes guys. It really was a fun race with the downwind legs becoming gybing duels between all the 3 vipers. It's amazing how close in speed these boats are. I must say the F16 viper is probably one of the very best boats i have ever owned. I really "get" the design and understand why the boat behaves the way it does. Although there are still some mysteries I'm trying to find the answers to though.

Just to clarify some doubts about the hybrid blade, the mast is the new ahpc section and not the original section which came with the blade. I believe the original one had the mast rotation moved from tramp level to the boom level because it had corroded badly.

On the hybrid blade, the only thing original is just the hulls, everything else are parts taken from a viper. As far as viper rudder casing goes, yes, i did try to find out of there were carbon casings in the works, unfortunately, when I inquired via the local dealers, apparently the answer was a negative and ahpc has no plans to offer carbon casings for the viper as of now. Of course, at the level we sail at in Singapore, I don't think carbon anything is going to make a difference. None of us here are headed off to the olympics anytime soon. I just wanted to find out because I just wanted to pimp out my boat, you kinda like the sailing equivalent of the MTV show, "Pimp my ride" haha

I like the mast rotation a la A class style as well where it is just above the tramp. I'm not too sure what the benefit is of having it just below the boom. Less clutter perhaps?

And yes, the Mackenzie rudders were apparently awful on the F16. all the blades snapped on the early boats like agent orange and a F16 taipan, which is really too bad because the carbon casing etc looked really awesome.

I'm really looking forward to getting a chance to have a blade vs viper fight on the water. BTW, I had no idea that the Australian bade hull has more volume than the American made blade hull. Is that true?