Didn't we cover this a few months ago ?

I'm completing a research assignment with respect to very large scale wind turbines remember ?

The kind that are placed off-shore in windparks like these :

[Linked Image]

Working on the control flaps to increase fatigue life of blades and bearings by counteracting the aerodynamic disturbances; called the Smart Rotor Concept.

[Linked Image]

Although you have to ignore the flaps near the root of the rotor blade, these are pretty useless and have been disgarded a long time ago. The two flaps near the end are still in the project.

This project is consuming large portions of my energy and time. 6 more months to go. Simply put I got other things on my mind.

Still, I don't see myself get much better at racing cats though. I'm not really interested in putting in the time and effort to reach the top; Besides the level of cat racing in the EU is pretty high so reaching the top requires a considerable amount of time and effort. I'm also gethering the years so to speak. The time for dreams in the direction of top sport has passed for me; I expect to mainly sail and race recreationally and I can do that well enough with the skills I have now. The future belongs to the younger sailors among us; from now on I simply want to enjoy myself.

Wouter

So what kind of reduction of fatigue are you looking at? And this increases the life by how much (guessing still estimation)?