We got 6" of sewage and water in the house where the storm surge came up the bayou. 95% of the sheet rock is hacked out at a 1 foot level and we have been spraying with bleach solution and drying out. We got power back Friday evening - up till then the RV generator was taking care of business.

I put the Tiger into our storage unit (a fully enclosed metal shed) and it is fine - we have it in the back yard now and the storage is full of wet furniture and garage contents.

Tommy Granger lost a couple of trees and had 3 ft of water in his shop and 6" in the house. The 18HT project boat survived OK though.

We tied the TCDYC Hobie skiff off on its trailer between two trees in my yard. It bobbed around a bit but looks unscathed.

Lee's new palapa hut down by the bayou shrugged off Ike and defied the naysayers - it is still standing. Lee and Jill got about the same amount of water in their house as Tommy and I.

The dike has road damage and all the buildings on it are just stumps. The city announced it was closed until further notice this morning. Cat Alley was wiped out. The east beach pavillion where we held the NAF18 North Americans looks like it is still there on the NOAA aerial pictures, but I expect it is badly damaged and the park will be closed for some time.

Looks like we will have to find some alternative launch sites for a while. I expect Galveston bay has some interesting new submerged hazards...

Chris

Dave Ingram is my president. tcdyc rules