Well, we got our office in the Galleria area open the middle of last week and have been dealing with fans and dehumidifyers ever since. We lost half the roof and 9 windows. I can see all around the area from my office (12th floor) and there are multiple roofs being repaired and replaced all over. The traffic lights are still off and on, the tolls have been lifted on the tollways to help people get around, there are no hotel rooms to be had (and that is a lot of hotel rooms in Houston) due to all the influx of personnel to work on getting things back to normal. The traffic is horrible - probably due to traffic lights being out, more people coming into town and the 60,000 or so that were displaced from Galveston. I have power, many are still without. Gas is readily available again. All in all, no complaints from me. I have been living on the Gulfcoast somewhere all my life. This makes hurricane number 15 that I've been through. I know the drill, you learn to live with them. Houston is up and running again. Let the oil and gas flow....

Here is a link to some pictures that have been accumulated.

http://www.tpicks.com/pictures%20people%20have%20sent%20me.html

Last edited by Cookie Monster; 09/24/08 10:04 PM.

Don Cook ARC22 #2226 ADRENALIN