Originally Posted by erice
i agree that everyone should see this stuff

- legislation should force mandatory school visits to slaughter houses for kids who eat meat

- graduating from high school should at least require wringing a chickens neck, plucking it and cooking it over an open fire, vegetarians to grow a crop of lentils in their final year

- KFC should have a few dead rubber chickens hanging from the ceilings above the register

- entering MacDonalds you should see a life sized butchered cow carcass hanging from a meat hook

for far too long people have been happy to ignore the realities of humans being omnivores with meat cutting teeth

oh and while we are on the "point out the bleeding obvious" crusade

- death penalty executions should be televised

I would take a share in televising that death penalty thing. Big bucks for advertising in that time slot. You have to be careful what you wish for as it might not generate the effect you desire.
I am a shoot them kind of a guy as that is what I would have done to myself. Anyone who has been hit hard and knocked unconscious will verify that it is a relatively painless thing. It is the waking up that hurts and of course the dead do not wake up. Possibly not as viewer friendly as a juddering electrocution victim but definitely not cruel or unusual and the Chinese always pack the stadiums for executions.

Perhaps all meat eaters should have to work a season in a meat works. But do we want so many people trained to kill? After all they might get sick of being told what to do and take an action that might see them on that "Dead Right" show.