And the last time this was brought up... it turned into Rick talking about his squirrel problems, and we all learned so much about trapping, killing and turning them into gumbo... that was priceless!

Okay, down here in the Keys the problem is not squirrels, it is people living in the jungle. Just last night two sheriff's deputies were searching the jungle across from our house for a "derelict" who had been reported by a neighbor.

They didn't find him, but I am hoping he will show up again, because I need somebody to help with yard work. I'm sure he is just a victim of the recession, and we should all do our part to help people in need.

A few weeks ago another "derelict," whom I have nicknamed Sailor Jim, was sitting on the sidewalk outside the Winn-Dixie making some really pretty things out of palm fronds that he claimed to have harvested himself by climbing palm trees. He said he was living on his sailboat, anchored off of Gilbert's, and was working his way back to Key West after being up in Miami at the VA Hospital for some extensive treatments for something.

Having been liveaboards ourselves once when we were down and out, I sympathized and gave him $20 for a couple of his palm weavings.

The next time I saw him there, he asked if I wanted to buy anything, and I told him I had already donated. He said, "Yeah, I know, but I spent it all on beer."

I'm so happy that I could be of help. smirk