Originally Posted by Jake

After a rather bungled up launching of the boat Saturday morning, I had left the drain plugs out of the General and raced that way for TWO races (about 1.5 hours or better). I couldn't figure out why in the world the rear beam was slapping downwind on a lake. Fortunately (for us) a wind shift and a technical problem with one of the safety boat engines caused just enough delay in the racing that allowed us to get to a beach and drain the water...a LOT of water. the starboard hull had so much in it, we were able to tip the boat back and drain water out of the inspection port. We still had a big problem though because we had lost one of the drain plugs. I thought to myself, "of anyone out here, who might have a spare drain plug"...the answer came to me almost immediately and I yelled out to the Zhik/Layline boat 50 yards away "David Lennard - got a drain plug!?". Sure as **** he actually had a spare one on the boat. At that point, I almost expected him to pull an I20 shroud out of that hull too and check to see if I needed it!

That story is even funnier when Jake and Karl tell it together.

Great regatta! Needs to be longer :-)

David Ingram
F18 USA 242
http://www.solarwind.solar

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a complete idiot, but it helps"