I posted this on Sailing Anarchy a bit earlier today. Probably one of the most fun regattas I ever been to. Couldn't stop laughing the eintire weekend and smile neVer left my face:

It was a good time. Only seventh cat beach cat race and had a blaassttt. Girlfriend's first time on a beach cat (and trapeze)and she ahad a blast. Even when we flipped and she crashed into the spi pole breaking it, we couldn"t stop laughing the entire weekend.

The race committe was superb and friendly, registration was warm, welcoming, and friendly. Race organization and timeliness was the best I have seen for a multi fleet cat bouy regatta(in my limited expereince). Fleet splits were made to accomodate everybody, Hobie 16 fleet had one fleet for crewed and one fleet for single handed. Novice desingation actually worked on the water and it seemed that the novices were treated very well on the water. Food was great, pics of sailing on Saturday night on big screen was fun to watch. Meeting new friends, making acquatinces, and seeing some buds from around the bouys was probably the best. Zipping around the bouys calling and hearing rules was enjoyable. Had so much fun we opened the laptop on the drive home and started picking out next beach cat (digging the N20). And yes, pretty serious for used boat purchase this year.

Will I be back? Oh, hell yes.

Thanks to the volunteers who made it all happen. THanks to Honey Baked Ham Company for providing great food entire time around. THanks to Layline for providing gear discounts at the regatta (Zhik gloves freaking rock, perfect for mast folks, bow folks, and the crews who suck a chute in). Thanks to Nigel and Tammy Pitt for opening up their home. THanks to Tommy Bahama Rum for killing the girlfriends pain.

See ya next year!

Craig
Nacra 6.0 "Hoof Hearted" Sail #666