Originally Posted by Storz
Well I got the tope out on the water today! Hit the launch area at 8:30 and by 9:15 we were on the water smile

Great news Ryan! Too bad you couldn't make the Nationals this weekend, but we're looking forward to Catfest.

The boat is a blast to sail! I definitly have some little issues to work out, with the windward jib cleating its hard to get much purchase on the jib sheet for the crew. I also need to come up with a better way to secure the jib tack up front, what have works, its just not ideal. Managed to get out solo a little bit as well, what a difference!

There's a technique to getting the jib sheet all the way in, or you can switch to 2:1 purchase. I had 2:1 purchase for a while, but changed back because it's less line to haul in on each tack. I cah show you how I sheet the jib, and how to attach the tack at the lake.

Only casualty of the day is the trampoline, apparently I am fat, or the stitching is just old and sunbaked. First tack we go from port to starboard and it split the seam from front to back, yanked it off tonight and am going to get it repaired this week.

Anyone know someone around Raleigh with a heavy duty sewing machine?

Joleen and Howard have heavy-duty sewing machines at Howard's loft in Raleigh. If you bring your trampoline over, she or Howard can work with you to restitch it.

Regards,
Eric