you deep-sixed the entire class for that entire distance race? Because the person who didn't round the correct mark didn't attend the skipper's meeting? I hope you aren't serious... and the excuse of the sailors that you "complicated" the course? Yes, I thought it was kind of goofy too but if that was what was said at the skippers meeting then why are you punishing those that actually paid attention? I suddenly realized that I wasn't paying attention at the end of the race and wondered if we had ran the correct course but my skipper knew where we were and was paying attention. If we had missed the mark and took an DNF or whatever, then that would have been fine... because those were the RULES. I guess you get enough people to go against the rules then you can throw them out after the fact.
I love this regatta and I know it is very informal, but that is pretty bad if it is true.

by the way... if I don't go to the skippers meeting at Nationals next month and decide to say "I didn't know there was a windward mark, so i didn't go to it" does this then allow me to hit the reset button?

Last edited by PTP; 09/16/09 08:37 PM.