Thanks Wouter, as I said, I do appreciate the work you have done here. So how about some A cat prices to show what a full carbon boat costs? Or a new M20 carbon, or that new Nacra 20, isn't that going to be all carbon too? I know a carbon tiller extension costs $300, that's why I don't have one!

Someday I hope the entire world is made of carbon, our cars, bikes, boats, everything including me, should be ligher and stiffer, just ask my wife...

So what is the big holdup in converting everything from steel or aluminum in the Auto world anyway? Carbon costs?

I was thinking about the Corvette, which has always had a (heavy) fiberglass body, why have they not gone to carbon? How much carbon could there be in a little Corvette body? Or have they gone to carbon but not advertised it? What is the bottleneck in the carbon production process?

Is it that raw materials are in short supply or the manufacturing process itself takes longer? Or is it just too damn expensive so there is not enough demand, as long as there are 3 cheaper alternatives, Steel, Aluminum and Fiberglass?

I bought graphite fly rods 20 years ago and they were cheaper than Bamboo, so what's the hold up for our cars and boats? Why hasn't the price come down on Carbon Fiber? With more mass production, isn't the price supposed to come down, like with cell phones and iPods? Or has China and India not learned to manufacture Carbon Fiber yet?

Blade F16