So how about some A cat prices to show what a full carbon boat costs? Or a new M20 carbon

It is very hard to find quotes for A-cats on the internet; if anybody has them then I would like to received them.

Same for the M20 and M18. But I really do not care much for Marstrom pricing. Even simple items cost a bundle with them.

2 to 3 years back I was assured that I could buy a Tool A-cat in its most basic form for 13.500 Euro's. That is the lowerst dependable quote I have ever been able to get.

With respect to carbon shortages.

One reason is lack of production capacity. It seems that especially airplain builders use lots of this stuff. But there are more reasons. For example, you won't believe how inexpensive aluminium can be. Not to mention the savings on not having to hire skilled workers.

In fact, aluminium extrusion is a well understood process with specialized mills doing huge turn-overs. But even better is the fact that aluminium is also low-risk for them. Even if a customer for a custom order doesn't pay and miraculously disappears then his batch can just be chopped up and melted for a new extrusion batch WITHOUT any loss of product quality. Try that with carbon !

Wouter

Last edited by Wouter; 11/22/09 02:24 PM.

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands