Right, Jake. I watched you on one start and you were still in irons as the fleet took off. Ouch! Didn't hurt much, however, as you were third through the leeward gate. Great boat speed.

Chip, Barb, Mary, John and I took a 20/20 hindsight and thought these ideas might help:
*Start at 11AM on Saturday -- too long of a day, for them.., and for the RC. Friday and Sunday start times stay the same.
*Try not have all the boats come to the beach at the same time -- chaos
*Be sure the RULE for the Friday not sailing is spelled out.., if you are there on Friday, you can't use the weekend scoring rule. (this is how they do it at Spring Fever -- they are the creators of this idea after all)
*For the Spin boat have an offset mark
*Remove the swimming boundary rope during the event. A-Cats claim this as the reason they boycott the Tradewinds.., too hard for them to get past the rope. Will make it easier for all.
*More simple registration form (most of that stuff is for the Steeplechase where we might have to identify bodies and boat parts to the Coast Guard)
*Need to buy or repair spare marks and ground tackle. Luckily no one speared a mark.
*For pre-registration a place to put shirt sizes, and if you want additional shirts.

T-Shirts is still debatable. As a bit of history, the Tradewinds used to give one shirt per boat. Then one year we actually made money for CABB. So, CABB said they had enough money and didn't need to make more, so we gave two shirts.
However, now I personally have to finance the event, and last year I lost almost one thousand dollars.
The result is we went back to the one shirt per boat. Haven't got the it figured out yet, but might not have lost money this year.

Buy the way, you guys are good around the tap.., extinguished two kegs of beer. You are Captain Noah Tall's heroes.

Rick White
Catsailor Magazine & OnLineMarineStore.com
www.onlinemarinestore.com