The website also states that they are now also the EU importer for both boats (in addition to dealors/promotors. That is excellent news in my opinion !

One of the problems I was having with the current F16 class setup is the concentration of F16 assets in only two pair of hands. Again I deeply respect both Hans and Pieter for their workmanship but grouping the dealorship/importer status of no less then 4 different F16 designs (Blade, Viper, Falcon and now Raptor) and the class chairman function and chief measurer respectively is too intimate for my taste. Not to mention that Pieter himself is very active in the A-cat class as a dealer and as the founder of this rival class. He also held the importer/dealor status for the AHPC F18 boats.

All together, this is a concentration of influence and power that not even I came close to when I peaked several years ago. Hence my earlier posting of this weekend. I feel the class must strive to end this monopoly (there is simply no other word for it).

It seems that the first step to a new future has now been taken by transfering the C2 and Viper products to 2Bsailing.

Of course it is also excellent news because the class is now reinforced by two excellent sailors and personalities. This is simply a promotional dream come true. I'm personally thrilled !

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands