... is to market the Viper as a F16 when all their competitors are significantly lighter. Although, what would be even worse is that they could add some credibility to the disfunctional 1.04 Class.
I do hope you are right and 2B will prove successful both for the Viper and F16 but lets not get our hopes up too soon.

I think I share your concerns in this respect.

But with respect to the EU market I feel that beggars can't be choosers.

Pesonally, I see this development as a perfect opportunity to coopt the momentum. The main thing we need to avoid is to give the Viper 100 % of the EU market share. Right now AHPC is treating the F104 as additional feature (rightly so). Additionally the Viper will blow away the other F104 as it is just so much more developed. Basically, its only real competition are the other F16's like the Falcon, Blades and Stealths. AHPC still links itself to the F16 class and we should make sure the F16 class remains attractive to AHPC. Right now both still benefit greatly from eachother and there is no reason why this can't be maintain indefinately.

What we need to do is make sure that the Falcon, Blade and Stealths sales move with the Viper sales. Thus presenting the situation where the Viper sailor can choose between his own OD class or a larger F16 fleet. This is two-way street, but requires some careful manouvring by the other builders, agents and the F16 class as a whole.

This is the time for the F16 class to show great leadership. Leadership that can turn a potential dangerous situation around into a very beneficial one.

If we all do this right then we'll see the F16 class become an international class with a size comparable to the F18's and A-cats.

This is our big break guys, Bundock or Brouwer promo-ing an F16 !, lets hit that ball over the fence !

Wouter

Last edited by Wouter; 03/03/10 09:08 AM.

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands