Guys,

It is your class, so you get to choose what happens.

I did my tour of duty when I co-founded the class and guided it during those all important first 5 years. Like a parent I will let you make your own mistakes while dispensing warnings. Of course I also can't champion this proposal myself because of the (created) controversy around my persona.

So I'm just notifying you of some of the things that you should be aware off. It is up to you whether you run with it or not. The final results will be yours to deal with also.

I also feel that the fact that each element in my posting can be independedly verified is a strong enough argument against any irrational smears such as "I'm being on a personal vendetta". Such tactics are only aimed at diverting attention away from the serious points that were raised.

Why would anybody want to do that, I wonder ?

Personally, I can't care less about HS and PS if the F16 class is safe and running under full steam. For the EU this is simply not the case. I see the monopoly as a serious thread despite assurances to the contrary.

I've seen both persons up close and witnessed their skills in various organisations and situations; my judgement remains that they are not best "utilized" in their current roles.

The F16 class was a dream I shared with Kirt and Phill back in 2001; its success is close to my heart. When pressed, I will always choose the success of the class over any person (including myself).

I guess it is all up to you now; don't let this beautiful class fail !

Wouter

Last edited by Wouter; 03/04/10 04:24 PM.

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands