What a Regatta! The wind couldn't have been better, all conditions for all people!

The Redundant Catamaran Association/Club had 5 boats on the beach - All big cats, we even had to borrow a local junior to crew!

The round the island race saw a good 13-15 allowing everybody to stretch out and have a good bit of yeeha! As Gary mentioned I had a great start and put good distance on the mozzies... what he didn't mention is that I overlaid a mark by about half a mile... makeing it a mile long detour... dashed were my line honours hopes!

The 30 miler saw us take 45 minutes to get through the straights immediately after the start... With the exception of Gary you could have thrown a tea towell on the rest of the cat/tri fleet... Gary sailed brilliantly through the straight and probably had a mile lead by the compass swinging mark! 15-25 upwind to metung let us pass gary back along with the F18. After having to do some running repairs to trapeze elastic after I decided to step on mine and break it we still managed to round the mark ahead of Gary! Then up went his blue kite and he was GONE! The F18 repeatedly tried to carry their kite... but the high aspect rig couldn't quite sail the same angles as gary. We still managed to barrell down to Pt Turner having a ball!

In the end Gary, Myself, Richard/Bree (f18), and Chris/Libby (hobie20) finished fairly close to each other to round out one of the greatest days sailing I've ever had! (if not THE greatest)

Monday was just another round the bouys race!... It did however allow the Redundant cats to do a bit of crew/skipper switching... James Mare helmed half the race on the stingray, and Bree Collins helmed half the race on the F-18!

After the racing Much boat swapping occured with james taking out a mozzie, Qb3 sailors trying a stingray, Mitch trying an F18 and All of the junior sailors trying out a hobie20 AT ONCE!!! Mitchell managed to break a footstrap on the hobie as well.. first damage it has incurred ever!

Many thanks to the GLYC and the great attitude of all the cat sailors in attendance! Very much a series of fun first, racing second!

Stingray #579
GLYCish