Sam Carter-Raleigh, North Carolina (TVS 4 Skipper). Sam Carter is a junior at NC State University, majoring in Aerospace Engineering. Sam grew up sailing his H14 off Cove Point beach, on the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland. Racing soon got the best of him, and he captained his local high school racing team for 3 years. During his sophomore year at NC State, Sam was captain of the NC State racing team, and with the help of his team, secured berths at dinghy champs both semesters. In addition to his extensive small boat experience, Sam was first mate and navigator aboard Age of Reason, a Bristol 35.5 that won her class two years in a row during the Governor's Cup of Maryland. Catamaran racing soon got under Sam's skin, and with the help of Kirk Spicer, the two bought a N20 and the fun began!
Sam is best known for his bouts with keyboard diarrhea and regurgitating quotes from his hero Trey. Many people want to choke him out when they meet him for the first time, but after getting to know him a few actually lose those feelings.Those few have yet to be found.The fact that he has a good sense of humor has kept him alive for his long illustrious life of 21 years.This may all come to a crashing halt when he does the Tybee and overthinks everything until his brain explodes OR he meets Lee Wicklund,calls him a stupid kiddie and talks down to him, whichever comes first. His latest accomplishment is becoming the new punching bag for multihull forums the world over.He has been asked to be buried at sea and very well may get his wish in the Tybee 500 this year, as Kirk becomes the first sailor to start as crew and finish single handed.

Last edited by Team_Cat_Fever; 04/13/10 07:55 PM. Reason: MBounds sucks balls

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White