Originally Posted by pgp
There is no need for a debate, either the F18 class is open to sailing with other classes or it isn't.

Pete,

As long as I have been sailing in the F18 class (I think around 2001) the only F18 only regattas that I know of are the one championship that is held each year. That is one regatta which is a week long just for F18's hosted by a club that puts in a bid for the event. Like your club did for the Altercup. I believe that most other cats do the same for there championship the F16, H16,H20,TheMightyHobie18,H17,A cat, N20,F17. Some of those classes have joined forces because of low turnout. So to answer your question yes the F18 is open to sailing with other classes and has except for the one championship each year which is there premier event.

Pete you might want to check the events link on this site because based on your reasoning the Waves, H16,H17,H14,H20 don't like the F16 either because they did not invite the F16 class to there Championship. You have a lot of typing to do tonight on the other forums. I have to go get some popcorn.

Last edited by Dlennard; 05/22/10 08:18 PM.