I treat people the way I am treated. I found this in the backwaters of the web, a week after the regatta.

It's pure bs, that I was never contacted about in any way. I certainly never received a request, from anyone, for three day scoring.

"Okay Tim I get it's an F16 only event, so why pretend you want other fleets at your regatta. Just say it's a closed regatta and be done with it, don't go out of your way to make it difficult for those that can only support a weekend event. I do find it interesting that a fleet that demands to be included in every other fleets events/starts that you can't be accommodating at all when it comes to other fleets, and we don't even want to start with you, we just want a standard Saturday start time and 3 day scoring (which aint rocket science).

The GYC board (which Pete and Stephan are a member of) were asked about doing 3 day scoring and they simply said no. Besides why would I approach them again regarding this issue? Why would their position be different now, it's not an abstract concept. Stephan and Pete have done a couple of regatta's before so I'm pretty sure they know the routine and I'm sure they are aware that a 10AM start on the day expecting teams of new arrivals is a bit unusual. Not to mention that some of the most vicious criticisms regarding regatta management and for that matter organized sailing all together have come from Mr. Pollard. I guess I expected something a bit more inclusive and accommodating, because that is after all what the F16 fleet expects from every other fleet."- David Ingram. You can find the full thread here. http://www.1design.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1598

I deny having ever said anything "vicious" but I readily admit defending myself when attacked.

If Ding had had the decency to contact me with his concerns, I might have been able to do something about. As it turns out, I was contacted by a F16 sailor about the 10 o'clock start; I immediately asked the PRO for a delayed start and my request was declined.

I exchanged a series of cordial emails with David about a month before the event. At that time I asked for his help with weighing and measuring. He declined, with good reason, and I made appropriate, alternative arrangements. There has been no further contact between us. Then I found the above diatribe.

The point is, you were all welcome at the event. There was never any intention to exclude anyone.

Last edited by pgp; 05/23/10 09:40 AM.

Pete Pollard
Blade 702

'When you have a lot of things to do, it's best to get your nap out of the way first.