Originally Posted by David Ingram
"If a boat clear astern becomes overlapped within two of her hull lengths to leeward of a boat on the same tack"

Are you now saying you obtained overlap to leeward of the P19? Which would mean the P19 would be to windward and if they luffed up it would not have affected you because you were to leeward.

Pete that rule basically says if you obtain overlap to leeward you do not not have luffing rights and must maintain proper course, and based on your post and Pepin's post this is not what happened, so this rule does not apply.

You are also aware you fouled us LARGE at the start of race 1 on Saturday, right?

No I'm not aware of that. If I did I apologize.

If you were fouled, as a minimum you deserve an apology. If I did foul you I should have done a turn.

How about some "cyber justice"? If the jury, here assembled, finds against me I will bring rum to Gilligan's.

This is my interpretation:

Before the start your were on starboard tack approaching the start line. I was basically on a collision course, nose to nose but at some distance away in light air. I jibed in front of you, from port tack onto starboard tack. My boom swung across midline of the boat, putting me onto starboard tack and clear ahead, all the time coming up to weather. You came through my lee and made a good start.

Where is the foul?

Pete Pollard
Blade 702

'When you have a lot of things to do, it's best to get your nap out of the way first.