Hi Simon - I don't much appreciate being singled the way I have been, I see myself as a friend of all sailiing classes (monos included) and try to avoid putting down other classes! In response:

1. Get better and sail to your Yardstick
I think since I started sailing a few years ago I have been getting better, but yes, there is still a long way to go. I'm sure Gary can testify that I have come a long way since the first time I attended a Paynesville Easter Regatta!

2. If you think Mozzys with Spin are damn fast compared to their rating... buy one and join the fun
I do think that - But I don't sail a stingray because it rates well. I sail it because it carries a big guy like me and a really enjoy sailing with a crew, thats a big part of the overall enjoyment for me! (It was also a very cheap way to get into big cat saliing)

I didn't wish to sound antagonistic, I said what I did due to something you posted not long ago (the last sentance):

Originally Posted by Anopheles_11
YV allocated a handicap for the Mosquito with Spinnaker in 2003 (Before the F16 was listed). All results from every season have been sent in to the YV handicapper. The handicap has been adjusted twice in that time, and is currently set at 80. This is a tentative handicap (like most other classes)

The history of Mosquitos with the F16 class is this. Back around 2004 the first Mosquitoes rigged with spinnakers took part in F16 events, partly to boost the F16 numbers while the F16 class was finding its feet in Australia, and partly for the fun of chasing (and sometimes catching) faster boats around the course. At that time most F16s in Australia were either Taipans or Mosquitoes. These days there are F16s designed to the box rule such as the Blade and Viper which have raised the performance of F16s to their expected level (ie. close to F18s and A-classes). Consequently the Mosquitoes are not active with the F16s anymore.

Cheers,

Last edited by MitchB; 07/07/10 06:36 PM.

Stingray #579
GLYCish