Originally Posted by Steve_Kwiksilver
Steven,
Don`t write the Mozzie with kite off in 20knots or more (especially more).
We`ve had first boat over the line in a medium distance race in 25-30knots being a Mozzie, with the first Tiger coming in 10min later. Sometimes less is more (less sail area = more upright!)
Also seen us start 5 min after the Tigers in course racing, and arrive at the weather leg 1 min behind the lead Tiger, but it has to be very windy for that to happen.
I`ve also held off a Tiger on a long downwind in approx. 15knots, but he murdered me on the next upwind, not for speed, but on pointing. I`m not sure who the better skipper was, but I used to be the crew on his boat..
The Hobie philosophy of not having other classes near them has put an end to open class racing here, so we won`t see how we go against them any more. It`s a pity, as SA catsailing is very small and could benefit from larger regattas if we could all just get along.

Hi Steve,

you will have to excuse Stephen on this point, as most Ozzie Mozzie's with spinnaker sail one up, so we are well and truly getting our @$# kicked in the conditions you describe and that is what Stephen has seen happen. If the Tiger sailors are good enough to be upright they have smoked away over here.