Originally Posted by David Ingram

5. SCR Class rules review (All).
Clarification to current class rules
• Bow sprit bridles material : textile material with a minimum diameter of 3mmm is allowed.
• The upper mast height point value (8980 mm) in F.3.2 class rules will be deleted. The maximum mast length remain 9100 mm from the beam.
• Trapezes cable wires : a proposal including cable and textile with a minimum diameter of 2.5mm for trapeze will be presented to December 10 World Council.

I am all for textile trapezes. It would be so much easier to replace them or change the height.

I'd even ask to be able to use textiles for the rest of the standing rigging. It doesn't corrode, it's easy to replace, and it doesn't need expensive swaging. Wire, UHMW, and Vectran all cost about $.50 / foot.

If the standing rigging wasn't steel, boats could be made without mast corrosion caused by steel and aluminium touching in the presence of salt water.

I'd recommend limiting the type of rope to UHWM and vectran, because PBO and carbon fiber are too expensive and difficult to work with.

I would rather they did not set the minimum bow sprit bridle to 3mm. It will be hard to enforce because of the difficulty in measuring the thickness of a rope (they compress and are not perfectly smooth). It's not a clarification. It's a new rule. Plus mine are 2.5 mm...