Originally Posted by Luiz
Originally Posted by Undecided
Sorry Jake, but a density below 1 is not really a feat, especially if it is achieved using carbon/epoxy/honeycomb cured in an autoclave (supposing that this is how they are built).

At only 20% greater cost than an F18 board?

If both boards are made with the same materials and same processes (a big IF), the justification for the extra 20% is:

a) amortization of the more expensive plug
b) a few extra layers of carbon
c) amortization of development cost/project (but BMWO's program indirectly paid for this...)

20% might be more than enough.

Look, the quality of that F20c daggerboard is, bar none, one of the highest quality foils I have encountered and in line with the customer stuff I've seen on some of the hot shot F18s and A-cats. I've designed and built composite tooling, used it, visited the Nacra Factory, sailed a **** load of Nacras and Hobies, etc. It is a deal to be able to purchase that daggerboard within 20% of the standard F18 straight boards. It is extremely well made, light, and finished. It doesn't just "barely" float either. It floats by a lot.

If you guys have some sort of other "short boat" issue, take it elsewhere. It's becoming tiresome and you're starting to repeat yourselves.

Jake Kohl