Originally Posted by macca
tooling cost for curved boards are considerably higher than for straight ones.

And you can debate the pro's and Cons for ever, but the only ones I see arguing that the curved boards are not a definite performance gain are those that have not even sailed a relative boat with curved boards... I suggest you all go and try them before passing judgement on the performance gains and the ease of use.

Macca, Hans I think is agreeing that you think curved boards are more difficult to sail consistantly well and I'm not sure that is what you are intimating, would you like to clarify a little.

I would suspect also that you are more familiar with the heavier and wider format of the F20 which will be easier to get the best from than the lighter F16's would be. How much time have you spent on an A with curved boards, which would be the closest to our class ?

Honest world wide experiance question which you probably are far more able to answer here as I have yet to sail on a boat with curved boards ( mine are canted at the class 6 degrees ), would you vote to adopt curved boards for the F16 class and the reasons why please.

Tooling costs are almost irrelavent, spread over the lifetime of the moulds of say 300 boats, then it is a few dollars more per boat.

Last edited by waynemarlow; 05/30/11 05:41 AM.