It wasn't an intention to eliminate the Marstrom or the F20c or any 10 beam boat. I don't have the confidence that a wide beam boat will be accepted by the masses. I base this on history. the wide beam boats have been the exclusive boat of the elite racing crowd if not for their width then for their cost. I know this point is arguable until we are all blue in the face but the decision was made. That being said, the rule set is purposely designed to get a class going. The rule set is completely up for negotiation after the first year. If the class wants to move to 10 ft beams I'm game.

Please clarify "fix some heavy min weight restriction". I have been castigated for the 320 lbs limit. I think it can be lighter!! I have an 18HT and am fully aware these 20 ft boats are heavier than necessary(As are the F18s). I love the F16s for this reason only I would sink one them with my weight.

What would you do? No minimum weight? No beam restriction? I would like to know. Its called an open class but perhaps we are too narrow minded in our approach?

cc

Capt Cardiac
Ocean Springs Yacht Club
Sailor
Nacra20 - Flight of Ideas #5