It would be great if we could start an F20 class. We have five at our club in NJ. I have two thoughts to add to the discussion.
1. If we are going to do this we need to get off our A@*@*@ and stop debating so much on the rules and start to work on things that matter- like race schedules. As a first step I would say we set up a racing schedule open to 20 ft beachcats and will score with the std pns.

2. Moving forward - if we are to set up a bonafide F20 class I would strongly argue against an design. The reasons the F18s have done so well is because everything is tightly regulated. If this means we have to cut out some boats at the beginning to get things off the ground, so be it. But you don't want this to go the way of the A-cats where it is now a pay-to-play and no matter how good of a sailor you are if you don't have an extra 30k or whatever to drop on the latest a-cat you aren't going to be winning races. In contrast if you look at the F-18s all of the best sailors are gravitating toward them because they know they can get direct head-to-head competition with their rivals.

So basically I am trying to make two points. 1. If we are going to start the class we should be talking about racing not about rules that don't matter yet.

2. If we are going to make the rules then we should follow the F18 model even if this means cutting out a few boats at the beginning.

I know these two points are somewhat contradictory and the notion of excluding boat not politically correct, but someone had to say it.