I fully agree with Todd that the best way to keep the class alive at this point is to have a set of overall sail measurements (same format as F18) and open building up to those set of measurements. Buy from your favorite loft. Works perfectly fine in F18/F16 classes. I also don't see this destroying the class-you aren't proposing adding a 3rd sail etc. as has been done in the past (before I ever started sailing, and yes I can read history), your current N20 sails are still regatta legal and probably pretty fast while the Tybee/GT300 etc. guys can buy the sails they feel are cut best for the type of sailing they do (100nm on a beam or close reach).

As far as double trap reaching on the N20, I quickly formed my own opinion that mirrors Jake's and Davids. I've out-climbed and gone faster than a decently sailed F18 on the N20, both boats double trapped spin reaching, and I'm by no means as good as most of the people in this thread. Maybe N20 skippers are just scared to drive hard from the wire with the spinnaker up?

Building a new class open to other boats probably isn't going to work. F20c>>N20>>N6.0 etc., racing all these boats under the F20 rule is not going to result in some sort of even one design racing. You'd need to build a set of rules and get manufacturers to build to those rules, not the other way around.

Scorpion F18