In months past, I have posted here regarding the configuration of my N6.0, and weather having a bowfoil makes it an NA. It seems that it does since, when I enter a race, my competitors see it as an NA even though I don’t carry an overlapping jib, nor a huge Main. And that’s fine, I race because I have a great time and the other sailors that I meet. Although it does suck to rate the same as the I20.So be it.

However, I was at the tripoint regatta last weekend, (BTW, If you didn’t enter, you missed out on a great race and great conditions. What an absolute Blast!!!) and ran into one of the great long distance racers, and as far as I know great innovators of our sport, also, very familiar to the N6.0 specifically.
He came over and copped a gander at my 6.0 and proceeded to make a couple suggestions on changes I could make to make the boat a lot faster, and better in the waves downwind.

He suggested that I move my bowfoil, (and forestay) out to the tips of the bows( its currently a self tacker, pertty small compared to the NA), and get a new jib built which would be the same SqFt of the NA, but pushed forward, and a self tacker. Also, to rake the mast wwwaaaayyyyyy back for obvious reasons.(bows up, balance)

Any ideas on how this would effect pointing ability? He said that he did this and it doesn’t backwind the main like the overlapping NA Jib.
Thoughts?

Auscat MKV 444 A class
NACRA I-20- 440/CATHATKA